Friday, June 25, 2010

Swoon by Nina Malkin


One day your life takes an unexpected turn. Your friends and family are becoming violent, too-sexual, and oblivious to the evil lurking around them. That is the unexpected turn our heroine Candice fell into. Moving from New-York to Swoon, Connecticut was what you'd describe as dull until "He" came. After he came everything changed. This quiet town of Swoon was in the palm of his hands and the only person who is capable of stopping him is Candice a.k.a Dice. His mission? Revenge and Candice naively revived him from the dead. This isn't your everyday zombie revived from the dead; this is a body molded from clay and given a  spirit who wants to wreak havoc on the descendants of those who murdered a woman he loved more than 70 years ago.  This isn't your everyday teenage drama. Candice's Best-friend turns into a crazy sex nymph and Sinclair has the power to manipulate everyone at will. So what will Candice do to stop the man she loves? He wont stop for nothing despite his love for her and Swoon is just getting started!

I love this book. Nina Malkin did a great job! Trust me! I hate those crestfallen teenage book but this book has a lot of taste. Sinclair is a spirit that has for a while been taking over others body to get his revenge and he falls in love with Candice. However, Sin is not only the boy of her dreams, he is also ruthless, cold, and hateful (except to Candice). His motive is to obliterate all the decedents of those who abused him and raped the girl he was in love with many many years ago.  The only thing that pissed me off was the ending but that does not mean it was bad. It has been acclaimed by Karen Marie Moning and Melissa De La Cruz. You guys have to read this. It came out in 2009 but I have yet to hear people introduce it and comment on it.

Here is an excerpt from the book:

"All you need do is touch me. Hold my hands... look in my eyes and ... know... me..."
     The air was calm now. A faint hint of fall infiltrated the night, but it wasn't the chill that rippled my skin. Fear of knowledge had me in it's grip. What are the cliches? Ignorance is bliss? Curiosity killed the cat? Don't ask, Don't tell? I raised my eyes to the canopy of leaves, all the movement I could muster. No force flew down to propel me forward; I could drop my head and close my eyes.
      Here was the stillness of stalemate, and then these words, in a voice defiant and definitively male: "You leave me no alternative than to take." 
       Taken I was. Seized, lifted, pressed against the tree trunk. Then my hands, clasped and claimed
"Look at me." The voice softened. "Please."
   I would, I would, I would.
"Look... at ... me" 
I would. I could. I did. Moonlight split the clouds once and for all as I opened my eyes. And there he was. Holding my hands, raised like a bridge between our two hearts, the most ...

Thats all for now, so Purchase the book :}

2 comments:

Shanyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Welcome to the Jean-Louis Reviews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A book. To love one. To respect one. To favor one. This means that you are a lover of books indeed! Welcome!